Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Independent Project.


For my independent project I would be talking about the development of the great McDonald’s restaurants, and how it became what it has come to be today. Each week for the rest of the semester I will be giving you something new that McDonald’s developed through the course of the years.
           
For this first post, I will begin with the names of the founders of this “great success”.  Maurice “Mac” and Richard “Dick” McDonald, also known as the McDonald brothers, soon after finishing high school left their home town New Hampshire and headed off to California. There they started of their first business, a small movie theater. This project did not go well and four years later, 1940 they opened up a McDonald’s Bar-B- Que restaurant on Fourteenth and E streets in San Bernardino, California. Within 5 years they were one of the richest families in the area. Between the two the two they were making more than $100,000 every year. In 1954 the McDonald brothers turned over the franchising rights of McDonald’s to Ray Kroc, paying .5% of the gross income McDonald’s was completely paid off by Ray Kroc by 1961. The McDonald brother soon sold their properties in California and moved back to New Hampshire.
1955 Ray Kroc opened his very first McDonald’s in Des Plaines, Illinois. Ray Kroc believed that advertising was something that would pay off in the long run and by 1962 McDonald’s introduced their now world known Golden Arches logo.

This year in Denver, Colorado becomes the home of the first McDonald’s with inside seating.  A year later with the company’s billionth hamburger sold, the red haired clown known as Ronald McDonald’s was introduce. By 1964 the great Filet-o-Fish sandwich was introduced and by 1965 McDonald’s corporation went public. 
Come read more facts about the McDonald’s development next week and see what else you didn’t know about this well known company.

11 comments:

  1. Hey Deeeeee, I feel that your blog is very informative. I learned a couple of things I didn't know before. I believe that it was a good idea to want to create a blog about the changes the McDonalds corporation has undergone. Being that this blog is very detailed, I encourage you to continue to use images in your project. The images would help keep the audience entertained. The fact that you provided the events in a cronological order creates a realistic effect, and that's a PLUS. Your audience is able to follow the journey along with you through the FAST FOOD INDUSTRY.
    -Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Dee!!! I think your blog is very interesting and well designed, since I felt interested and while I was reading it I could underdant better about the Mc'Donals brother journey to become a big Fast Food Industry. I think this will be a great project, because it will give a lot of information and the way you explain it will keep the audience interested to read it.
    Steph ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dee,
    I really like this topic because I feel its only right that someone exposes these franchises for what they really are, although I truly believe it won't make a difference. Obviously a ton of information can be found online about the McDonald's brothers but its up to you to choose your sources.
    You will most likely catch the reader's attention because this is a very good topic to write about since everyone knows what McDonalds is. One thing I really like about your project is the pictures, they drawed me in even more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's up Dee, One thing i really like about about your blog/project is that is has pictures! A blog without pictures to me are boring and what not but this makes me want to actually read it lol. Aside from the pics, your project is indeed informative as Michelle said and im looking foward to reading what you have to say each week (or day)about micky D's. I had no idea that initially the Mcdonald brothers had BBQ in the name of the restaurant so i found that pretty cool. Overall this is great and i hope to be informed as the days progess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, thanks for your comment... I will keep in mind the whole picture thing... I honestly went with them because I still dont like reading books without pictures. Anyways thanks for your feedback I hope you follow up on it as I keep posting new info....

    Jesus....I know it won't make a difference but heyyy it sure dont hurt to put the info out there once again....and I hope you are right about the whole catching peoples attention part....Thanks for the comment.

    Steph... Im glad you like my blog...The same way I'm learning things as I go, I hope you will too.

    John.....Yeah I didnt know about the whole BBQ either interesting huh?!?... I will really try to keep you and a few others entertain as the weeks go by....

    ReplyDelete
  6. your welcome. You'll see as time progresses that this topic will be very revealing and very interesting. I'm definitely going to keep up with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. J...I hope you not just saying that just to say it... I'll try to keep up with yours now that I actually can see what you have put up there....

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUP you know it. Im like a little kid the more pictures the more fun!! :) And with having more fun I would deff. be interested.
    -Michelle:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol... ill keep you in mind for one of the post Michelle...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I will and I think everybody will ;)

    ReplyDelete